Template information

Random post

The Homeschool Village - Fall!



I mentioned in my post yesterday that our biggest fall activity is actually pretending that it IS fall. :-/ As I'm typing this, the temperature is 84 degrees, and with the heat index, it feels like 95. Happy fall in Texas, y'all. Sigh.

So ... fall activities around here:
1) looking wistfully at long sleeved clothes and wishing there was a need for us to wear them.

2) giggling when stores put summer clothes on clearance, because we can wear them immediately and rack up the bargains.

3) feeling like I'm completely missing out when I see pics of children in fall leaves. Our yard is covered in pine needles, and as much as I'd love to toss the kids out there and snap some lovely pics, it just doesn't have quite the same feel to it. It's not so much fun for them either! :-P

4) going to the pumpkin patch, as evidenced by my pictures yesterday, which is nice and different.

5) dressing up and going to our church's Fall Festival. We'll be doing that Sunday night, and I'm looking forward to it, although I'm in the midst of a battle with the little one as to whether he will dress up as a fireman (my choice) or Optimus Prime (his choice.) We don't do a whole lot of Halloween here, but have really enjoyed going to the festival every year.

0 Response to "The Homeschool Village - Fall!"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef