Template information

Random post

Unfolding Camellia










I've been patiently watching and waiting for my white camellias to begin flowering. I planted three of these bushes next to the house a few years ago. Each year they grow a little more and delight me with an increasing number of flowers. This is the first bloom for this year and I have been taking photos over the last few days to capture it's unfolding beauty. The photos above were taken last Thursday after returning from my neighbourhood walk. I love the delicate look of the flower, particularly at this early stage.




This was taken Friday. You can see a pink tinge showing through from the inside.










The three above show the camellia on Saturday. The pink looks somehow like a blemish.







The two above are yesterday's (Sunday) photos, after a late shower of rain. I quite like the pink now, more like a feature than a blemish.




This is today's view. Still nice but nearly done. Then I spied......
..... some more papery thin splendour about to begin!




Sharing at Macro Monday The Creative Exchange,  White Wednesday,  Simple Pleasures,
 Live Every Moment: soft (chosen as a favourite) and Sneak Peek Friday.

0 Response to "Unfolding Camellia"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef