Template information

Random post

A Matter of Seconds


2 pm

We are three weeks into autumn now yet each day the passionfruit vine opens more flowers, many of which begin to set fruit. As I have shared before, the flowers spring open within a few minutes, making it difficult to catch happening.

This afternoon I noticed two flowers had sprung open already while I was searching under some nearby zinnia leaves for ladybugs. I was hoping to witness the wonder of another passionfruit flower opening before their season was finished. Looking around I found this bud above as a promising prospect so decided to stay and watch it a few minutes - I'm pleased I did.


54 seconds later


20 seconds more


11 seconds later


9 seconds more


54 seconds later


Just 4 seconds later


A total of 2 minutes 32 seconds from the first photo above to the last! That's 152 seconds. By morning the flower will be shrivelling and mostly closed. God's handiwork is awesome!

So did I find any ladybugs??? You'll have to come back soon to find out......

0 Response to "A Matter of Seconds"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef