Template information

Random post

Bayside Birthday







Hot on the heels of Miss E's 20th birthday was her grandfather's 85th birthday. We spent the day celebrating with my Parents-in-Love and Uncle B. After a birthday morning tea some of us headed to the park at the end of the Bay.










This hibiscus plant isn't shrub-sized but a rather large tree right on the edge of the saltwater bay. I wouldn't have recognised it as a hibiscus if it hadn't been in flower. I have just discovered that it's a native Beach Hibiscus (Hibiscus tiliaceus).




This beautiful orange jewel beetle, which I found on the hibiscus tree, is the Australian Hibiscus Harlequin Bug, Tectocoris diophthalmus, (isn't Google wonderful!) and it's main food plant is..... the native Beach Hibiscus! I love making new discoveries as I take photos and track down details to share with you.







Every time I pass this tree I'll now be on the lookout for these gorgeous bugs!










As I was sidetracked with beautiful flowers and bugs, the children made their way to the park, which they found of more interest.




My camera and I found these of interest at the park......yes, another smaller beetle on a bottle brush tree.




Also a stunning Blue-Faced Honeyeater which the camera allows a closer view of.




Everyone was happy with our bayside walk as we returned ready to help with final lunch preparations..


Sharing at This or That Thursday, Shoot. Edit. Submit.

0 Response to "Bayside Birthday"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef