Template information

Random post

Partial Lunar Eclipse




"Nice moon" I thought to myself as I saw it rise. "Wonder if it's full moon tonight". A quick google search revealed that June 4 was not only full moon but that we were about to experience a partial lunar eclipse here in Australia.

Thankfully last night's sky was free of clouds allowing us a great view. Using my "secret recipe" I took photos about every 10 minutes to catch the action from around 8pm to 10:30pm. It was quite amazing to compare the images making it easier to track and appreciate the eclipse.










All images taken hand held, Canon 600D, 55-250mm kit lens, 1/125, f11, ISO 100.
Cropping and identical editing in iPhoto. Collages made using PicMonkey (free).

I really enjoyed taking notice of the night sky, not knowing exactly what to expect. The camera is such a wonderful tool!

Sharing at SkyWatch Friday, Sneak Peek Friday.

0 Response to "Partial Lunar Eclipse"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef