Template information

Random post

Kangaroo Paw




Australia has some wonderfully unique plants and flowers, Kangaroo Paw being one of them.




There is a time difference of 11 days between the flowering photo at top (and also below) and the budding one above.







The photo above was taken this morning showing the complete plant nestled amongst the half grown Rainbow Char/Silverbeet.




Kangaroo Paw come in a variety of colours and sizes, each with the same distinctive flower form. This one above is from a much smaller Kangaroo Paw plant I bought last year which unfortunately didn't survive.




I found this beauty in a nearby garden recently. You can see why they were given their name.

If my current plant does well I think I may add more of these native plants to our garden. I've read they also make excellent cut flowers.


Sharing at Weekly Top Shot, I Heart Macro.

0 Response to "Kangaroo Paw"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef