Template information

Random post

One Day Wonder




The seeds were planted the same day as the cornflowers seeds, yet their growth and appearance has been very different. Poppy - "Shirley Double Mixed" the label read.




Then as if from no where, a magnificent  flower sprung open. I stumbled upon it yesterday morning. The afternoon before the hairy, knobbly bud hadn't given any hints of being ready to open.




I quickly fetched my camera and snapped away before the bright morning sun had its way.




I returned late in the afternoon to check on my stunning little beauty but this is all that was left!







I was so pleased I noticed the flower yesterday morning, it would have been such a shame to have missed this one day wonder.




There are some more buds nestled amongst the furry leaves. Each day I'll keep watch, waiting for the next beautiful miracle.


0 Response to "One Day Wonder"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef