Template information

Random post

Sew Simple




With school holidays upon us there's more time for a little creativity. I love fabric and enjoy making things from my stash - all the better when the children can join in too.




A couple of years ago I made three of these little birds in red/green/white colours, attached ribbon for hanging and gave them away as gifts. This year I decided to make some more. Miss O (11) and Miss E (4) also chose some fabric and helped make their own birds (purple and bright pink floral). Once again I used this free pattern for the birds




I chose a favourite Patricia Bravo fabric to fussy cut, giving an appearance of bird wings.







I modified the original pattern to create some smaller "baby" birds as well.




The bellies are also fussy cut from another Patricia Bravo fabric - I love the colours.




When Miss E isn't playing with these birds, they perch on our Christmas tree. They would also look great nestled on twigs, as a mobile or in a small bird cage. A great project for small pieces of fabric, they could easily be hand sewn too. You can add beads for eyes, or embroider them and add a small ribbon tied in a bow around the neck.

Do you have any favourite patterns you return to for decorations or gifts?


Sharing at Sneak Peek Friday.


0 Response to "Sew Simple"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef