Template information

Random post

Bright and Warm



Cosmos




Whether later afternoon or early morning, we are surrounded by warm bright colours as autumn slowly enters our days.




Somewhere in between these two ends of my days I've been enjoying a few minutes here and there of another brightness. I have just finished hand quilting little crosses on the large middle panel of my Sunlit Treasure quilt.




Here is the quilt top during basting some weeks ago. See those large white setting triangles? I'm trying to work out how to quilt these. The idea of machine stippling the entire cherry/white corner triangles is one option. Another option is some hand quilting - but what design to try?




I'm not quite sure - what do you think?


UPDATE 27th March: 

Thank you for making suggestions. After trialling a little hand quilting I decided an open stipple would work best. It provides strength and stability, especially considering these setting triangles form the corners of the quilt. The open stippling also gives a smooth, understated finish, not detracting from the feature central panel of flying geese, while providing a little contrast.







It's been well over 12 months since I attempted stippling, a little more practice won't go astray. I have completed one corner. The border of flying geese will be hand quilting just as the centre panel is.


NB "North by North East" quilt design by Sarah Fielke as found in her book Quilting From The Little Things.


Sharing at WIP Wednesday.



0 Response to "Bright and Warm"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef