Template information

Random post

Too much to do, I want to retire now please.



Ok.  Can I hand in my resignation and start retirement?  There are so many things I want to do and work is just getting in the way.  I think I am ready to be a kept women.

Here is my to do list (for this year alone)


  • Write my novel
  • Research the next one
  • Sort out and data entry all my family history research
  • Continue the research, preferably in the UK
  • Build an organic vegetable garden, with chook house
  • Go back to my home town of Wisemans Ferry and just be for a while
My Aunt called me a few months ago, telling me she was going to the UK and could I give her what I knew about a branch of the family that came from Devon.  I knew I had a lot more data in my files than I had got around to entering in the computer.  I wanted to present her with a very detailed family tree (she is after all an (ex) school teacher so the goody two shoes was coming out in me).  I knew I had a few months, and the sticky note with all the info got moved along in my diary as each week passed.  

Yesterday morning I get a phone call.

Jodie, it's your Aunty J here.  

Oh Hi.  I guess you are off to the UK soon.  Sorry I haven't got that info for you yet.  When do you leave?

Tonight.

Oh crap.  Ok, well can I email it to you today?  

I am up at your cousins place, can you drop it around to me?

6pm and I had it all printed out for her.  My other Aunt, who I haven't seen for about 15 years (at least) and lives in NSW was over too as she is going with Aunty J to the UK.  Bonus.  I get to see both the old favourite Aunties at once.

My cousin lives less than 2 km from me.  I rarely see her, we bump into each other at the shops sometimes.  So I popped around and it was wonderful, that family connection, it felt so natural.

How did I get so removed from my family that I love?  This is what our modern lives do to us.  We get too busy for the things that really matter.  

0 Response to "Too much to do, I want to retire now please."

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef