Template information

Random post

A Rachel Original {Wednesday Wins}

Are you on Pinterest?  I am... and I'm addicted!  Right now, my current fascination is with all of the single serving "mug" foods there are.  For a two person household, single serving desserts can be a life saver.  We can never eat a whole cake, and an entire batch of cookies is just suicide.  So, I end up giving a lot of food away.  But sometimes, I just want a little something sweet, and I don't want to spend the entire night in the kitchen making a huge batch of cookies that I don't have anywhere to take.  So, I've been trying out some of these recipes.

And after finding this apple crisp recipe, I had the idea to make a recipe of my own!  So, I used several different recipes for inspiration, including the apple crisp, my grandmother's homemade biscuits, and a Better Homes and Gardens cobbler recipe to come up with my very own single serving apple cobbler!  Yummy!!!

I don't want to sound like I'm full of myself or anything, but I was really happy with how it turned out!  It's always a cool moment when you stand in the kitchen, tasting something you made up yourself and finding out that it doesn't suck.  (It's also a relief to know that you didn't just waste all that time and all the ingredients!)

So here's the recipe!

Single Serving Apple Cobbler

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • scant 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1-2 drops vanilla extract
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1/2 tablespoon milk
  • 1 small apple (I used half of a HUGE Fuji apple, my favorite)
  • 1/2 tablespoon flour
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • heaping 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Chop the apple into small pieces and then toss in 1/2 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon to coat.  Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except butter and milk.  
  3. Then cut in butter using a fork until the mixture is nice and crumbly; if it's still too dry, add a little more butter.
  4. Then add the 1/2 tablespoon milk and stir until everything is moist.  The mixture should stick together so you could form a biscuit out of it.
  5. Place the apple mixture in a mug or ramekin.  Break the dough into small crumbles and place on top of the apple mixture.  (If you're using a tall, skinny mug, you might want to layer everything so you don't have a really thick layer of biscuit on top.  I don't know how this would work though because I made mine in a ramekin.)  I then sprinkled a little more cinnamon and sugar on top to make it prettier.
  6. Microwave on high for about 70-90 seconds.  Let cool for a few minutes before eating; the apple will be hot like molten lava!  Also, this would go really well with some vanilla ice cream melting on top!  Yummy!
I hope you enjoy it!

0 Response to "A Rachel Original {Wednesday Wins}"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef