Template information

Random post

Blue Bird Mini Quilt






The love a particular fabric often inspires my next project. Some of you will remember I originally had bigger plans for this gorgeous blue bird fabric, part of Gennine Zlatki's Alegria fabric range however sometimes less is more, even with quilting.




In addition to hand quilting around the fabric frames of each block, I have also added half a dozen little quilting crosses dotted through the large block to secure it. These are the same little crosses which I worked out and used throughout the large centre panel of my Sunlit Treasure quilt (seen below).




Since completing this quilt last month I have replaced the original garden stick hanger with a piece of dowel from the hardware store which helps it to hang more exactly. Completed size is 23" x 25".




Perched outside this afternoon the quilt looked quite at home amongst the trees. The air is filled with the sound of real birds (more of those in my next post), enjoying the warm start to winter in our part of Australia.

As for those little leftover orphan blocks, they are still sitting in my fabric cupboard waiting for further inspiration and time......


Sharing at the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge.


0 Response to "Blue Bird Mini Quilt"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef