Template information

Random post

A New "Creative Something"










 While searching yesterday for that new "creative something" to try I came across a wonderful site on Etsy - Blue Terracotta by Laura. At once I loved her butterflies and decided to have a go at making one, working it out as I went. The smaller aqua-white butterfly was the result. 

Then last night I discovered Laura had a website which includes a tutorial for making her butterflies. My method and materials are a little different but follow a similar basic process. 

Today I bought some iron-on interfacing (to give more body to the wings while using quilting weight fabrics) and made the larger purple-green butterfly with a wingspan of 5"/12.5cm. The possibilities are endless for recreating life-like butterflies or being as creative and fanciful as you like. I can't wait to make another one, maybe a little smaller this time.


0 Response to "A New "Creative Something""

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef