Template information

Random post

Smoky Sunset, Super Moon


















If you haven't seen tonight's moon, let me encourage you to go and have a look right now! (Or when it rises in your part of the world). It's a Super Moon, when the moon's orbit is closest to the Earth so it appears larger and brighter. Tonight, Saturday July 12th, is the first of three Supermoons in 2014.

I am still buzzing from this evening's walk where I witnessed a beautiful red smoky sunset on one side of the horizon then eight minutes later an amazing moonrise on the other, the smoky haze adding extra colour to the sky. All these photos where taken within 35 minutes on my walk (no tripod). I hope you have opportunity to enjoy it too!


Sharing at Our World Tuesday, SkyWatch Friday.

0 Response to "Smoky Sunset, Super Moon"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef