Template information

Random post

Royal Whispers Serenading










 From the day of selecting my mixed swag of favourite bright stash fabrics to the last stitches on the shot taffeta binding two days ago, working on this quilt has given me great pleasure. To the mix of shot taffetas, oriental brocade, organza, polycotton, satin, voile and cottons I added a variety of ribbons, braids and fringed taffeta selvedges.






Various decorative cottons, rayons, metallics and Sliver threads in several colours/thicknesses have added their individual charms through both hand and machine stitching. There are little surprises stitched into this quilt to add fun and interest for the eyes. The Sulky Gutermann Sliver thread in silver has ended up being the star thread and also the one chosen for the soft straight line echo quilting. 

Every fabric, trim, thread and even the batting had to pass my 'softness' test to be included. If I didn't love it, I didn't include it. This quilt, named Royal Whispers, has been a special project made during a very difficult season, designed to bring delight my heart, my fingers and my eyes, the first quilt made just for me.










Miss N bashfully holding Royal Whispers for a photo shoot this morning



This quilt makes me happy every time I catch a glimpse of it. The sparkle, sheen and colours beckon me to reach out and touch the various fabrics and gently wrap myself in it.



Sharing at Fabric Tuesday and Fabric Frenzy Friday.


0 Response to "Royal Whispers Serenading"

Post a Comment

wdcfawqafwef